Sunday, August 27, 2006

Well, my first few weeks of life have been busy. I've had lots of people visit. They talk funny when they speak to me, not sure why, but I like it anyway. My dad's father came to visit a week ago. He was already scheduled to be in Olympia to sing anti-war songs at the Thurston County Democratic Picnic. He spent the afternoon with us. Here's a photo...







I had a bath and my parents put a goofy towel on my head.









I found that my dad likes to sleep almost as much as I do.











One of mom and dad's friends came over. His name is Alan. He's a funny guy! He is a die hard Seahawks fan (see the hat) and he's great with kids (see the photo) and.... he's single :-)






Grandma and Grandpa Prout came over for a few visits. Here's a photo with me and grandpa.










My dad's mom flew up from San Francisco just for the day. It was great to see her.











I have this new thing called a Gymini. It's pretty cool. I can lay down on the ground and see all these animals float in the air. I'm not sure how they do, some sort of superpower or something. It also has a mirror and I'm fascinated by it. I'm going to spend more time on my belly on this thing so that I can build up my neck muscles.




I was tired after all of that play, so today I got to take a nap on my parents bed. It was nice.








Tonight my parents took me to nearby Golden Gardens. The sun had just set behind the Olympic Mountains across the Puget Sound. There were a lot of people there, including a group of about 25 drummers sitting together making a lot of noise. My parents called them Hippies, but I'm not sure what that means.






Well, it's been a fun two weeks of life. I'm looking forward to week 3. I'll keep you posted.
~Gabriel

No comments: