Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's my party

I'm officially four now. Four years ago I looked like this tiny little guy. Hard to believe.



Mom and dad had a great birthday party for me this year. The theme was "demolition/implosion" since I love watching videos of buildings and other structures falling down and blowing up. The house was decorated with construction safety tape, yellow, black and white balloons, and we all got to decorate and wear construction helmets.


To make sure that Fiona didn't feel left out, mom and dad bought her a present, too. She's been obsessing over a frog "pillow pet" and so got one while I got a dog pillow pet. Fiona was quite happy.


My first pinata, in the shape of a number 4


Fiona gave it a pretty good whack

Here I am pondering what to wish for before blowing out my four candles on the ice cream cake cupcake


Fiona was thrilled with her cupcake!


Grandma and Grandpa supervising our cupcake consumption

Nana and Papa enjoying the festive atmosphere


Fiona and Uncle Matt comparing muscles


My new favorite toy - a scooter - that I've been riding in the house since the weather's been lousy in the NW


The obligatory family shot


2 comments:

Jan said...

Happy birthday, Gabriel! The perfect party for your interests and your new home.

Leslie said...

What a great party idea! I don't even know Gabriel, but from the expressions on his face in these pictures, somehow "demolition" seems a perfect fit!
Miss you, Jen!