Monday, August 03, 2009

Adventures at Seabrook

At last I decided to take a break and update the blog about our trip to Seabrook on the Washington coast. We stayed there for a week in a place that I now refer to as the "Shuffleboard House" as I constantly ask my parents to return.

Here is a photo of our rental cottage, "Shifting Gears" (each cottage had a name):

A vista of the huge, beautiful beach just below the bluff from where we stayed:

I learned how to fly a kite while there, though I had a hard time deciding between using the rainbow kite or the smiley face kite. Hmmm.....


Saying "howdy" to the horses:


Fiona learned how to eat sand and get it into every opening on her face:



One of the best things that we did was to make s'mores at the firepit across from our house at night. Yum!!!



This is a photo of me after I ate my s'more and the sugar started to change me into a little goblin:



Going on a hike with dad in the morning while Fiona napped:


There were two great playgrounds right nearby and so Fiona demanded that we spend time swinging every day:

Here is the shuffleboard that I still refer to... though I didn't really learn how to play. I just liked pretending that I was a serious player:

A photo my drawing of the best things to do at Seabrook (while waiting for my food one night):

1 comment:

Jan said...

What an artist. :) I had to laugh out loud at the goblin pic!