Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A California Christmas

My mom, dad and I escaped the gloom, rain and flu of Seattle this year and joined my grandma and grandpa Tripp, along with Aunt Katie and Uncle Kevin (and various pets) in Tiburon, California. It was much more exciting than last Christmas (I don't think I remember much of it).

Here we are tearing through gifts and playing with the dog, Oso.

In the afternoon, we joined the Boles Family for their annual Christmas party. This photo is of me with my friends Ian (middle) and Max (left). Apparently, their daddies were friends with my daddy when they were very young. Now they're all grown up.

Okay, back to the presents...

This was one of my favorites - I actually got to open it at home before Christmas as my Tripp grandparents sent it to Seattle. It's a wonderful new armchair. Just my size! I love grabbing the remote control and lounging.

This is my special gift that I got to enjoy during the visit in Tiburon - my very own car.

One morning, my mom, grandpa, dad and I went to the New Morning Cafe for breakfast in downtown Tiburon. It was very yummy! While we ate breakfast, a famous person, Carlos Santana, walked in and had breakfast right near us. We pretended not to notice.

After breakfast we walked around Tiburon and over past Corinthian Island. Doesn't it look like the Riviera?

We then found the park that my daddy played in as a little kid. It was a blast! Here I am with my mommy on the tire swing. Weeeee!!!

My mom gave me some super bubbles that we played with a lot.

One afternoon my parents and I went into the city to have lunch at the Ferry Building and walk around Union Square. The trolley that we rode to Union Square was so packed that we decided to hail a cab back to the Ferry Building. It was almost like New York!

I don't like going to walks as much as I used to these days since I'm so busy with my own agenda, but I joined my parents for a little walk down by the water one evening after my nap. The sunset was gorgeous and we were able to watch all the birds playing around in the low tide.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture in Carlos Santana's breakfast place. It's your serious side!

Leslie said...

These are great pictures--what a charming boy, with hair that looks ever-tousled! I like the bubbles picture with the tiny bubbles in your hair.

Anonymous said...

PS: Auntie Christine - I forgot to mention that Carlos Santana's daughter or girlfriend (not wife - apparently they're divorcing)was flirting with me a whole bunch.